Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Owens Heavy Duty Front Leaf Spring UK Manufactured
Choose your vehicle to ensure compatibility
Add to Wishlist
Order by 15:30 mon-fri for same day dispatch.
28 Day returns or exchange.
1 Year Parts Warranty
New Heavy Duty Uprated Owens Front Leaf Spring (5 leaves) manufactured by our leading UK supplier Owens for the Hilux Pickup Mk3, LN106, 1979-1997 models (we also use for the Mk1 & Mk2 if needed - see Nb below):
Mk1 & 2 owners please Nb:
These now rare trucks were fitted with 4-leaf front springs which are no longer manufactured, therefore most aftermarket suppliers will list the later 5-leaf Mk3 front spring that has the same length and hanging points. If using these springs on a Mk1 or Mk2 then they will be conciderably firmer and lift the vehicle.
- Sold Individually
- Spring will fit either Left-Hand or Right-Hand front and are complete with standard original rubber bushes for each end of the leaf spring eyelets.
- A 5-leaf uprated front spring - each leaf increased to 8mm.
- Please note: fitting one new spring against one old spring will always lift that side higher, therefore it is always good practice to replace leaf springs as pairs, whats more this spring is of Heavy duty construction so will differ conciderable from an older warn standard spring.
Owens have now launched their new range of Front Uprated Heavy Duty leaf spring to combat the sag found in the original specification spring rate. Designed with the same overall appearance, Owens have now increased the thickness of each leaf to 8mm whilst maintaining the same construction within the spring pack, this maintains better stability while taking the spring rate from 265 up to 352lbs/Inch.
Owens only manufacture using high-grade steels and processes, they are a leading supplier of leaf spring throughout Europe so we know we are supplying an exceptional quality spring that will withstand the prolonged use of a leaf spring in this area.
The leaf spring comes complete with bushes and is made up of 5 leaves. At the end of the individual leaves are wear plates (like Toyota originals) which prevents the individual leaves wearing against each other during normal use thus prolonging the life of a Owen spring. The spring also comes with high-grade rubber bushes at each end for the eyelets.
Many cheaper Imported springs will increase the thickness of the top ride springs to compensate for using cheaper poor quality steel, this in turn, results in a very harsh ride and a spring that is susceptible to cracking.
- The springs are painted in a "Transport" paint, as with all suspension components supplied, paint is not covered under warranty due to the very nature and position of the component.
- It is always good practice to replace all springs as a pair so as to even out the loading, if you have one new spring acting with one old then the new spring will be under greater pressure, it could also affect the ride heights between old and new.
- Replacing the "U" bolts is also a good idea, they can be a real pain to undo.
The company is totally committed to quality and this is evident by its accreditation for the manufacture, repair, and supply of all spring types by to BS EN ISO certification, which has been held since 1991, what's more they also hold the ISO9001 certification.
Manufacturing springs for well over 30 years their experience is second to none, in fact one of their highlights was being the chosen manufacturer to replace one of the broken leaf springs prior to the Flying Scotsman’s inaugural trip and are currently repairing and replacing the spare springs while the famous engine carries out its tour of the country
Tighten all spring retaining bolts and shackles when the vehicle is at normal ride height, this is done once the vehicle is assembly, lowered back to the ground with the weight back on the suspension and bounced a few times, this allows the bushes to settle in and vital for correct final assembly.
For a discount on a pair see part number LEAFKIT001.
|MPN (Manufacturer Part Number)||MTOF5165-H|
|OE Equivalent Part Number||48110-35230, 48120-35120|
|Warranty Options||1 Year Parts Warranty|
|Fitting Position||Front LH or RH|
|Unit of Sale||Individually|
|Specs & Fitment|
Original spring rate - 265lbs/Inch
Below are a list of compatible vehicle for this product.
- Toyota Hilux Pickup LN65R 2.4cc (2L) Diesel RHD (A - F reg, 8/1983-7/1988) UK Mk2
- Toyota Hilux Pickup YN65R 2.0cc (3Y) Petrol RHD (A - D reg, 8/1983-8/1985) UK Mk2
- Toyota Hilux Pickup YN67R 2.2cc (4Y) Petrol RHD (C - L reg, 8/1985-7/1988) UK Mk2
- Toyota Hilux Pickup LN105R 2.4cc (2L) Diesel RHD (F - R reg, 8/1988-7/1997) UK Mk3
- Toyota Hilux Pickup YN106R 2.2cc (4Y) Petrol RHD (F - R reg, 8/1988-8/1997) UK Mk3
- Toyota Hilux Pickup LN106 2.8cc (3L) Diesel RHD (F - R reg, 8/1988-8/1997) Import
Delivery Information - Cut-off Time 3.00pm Monday-Friday
RoughTrax provide a number of different delivery methods.
2-5 Working Days
FedEx / Parcelforce / Royal Mail
FREE OVER £90*
2-5 Working Days
Next Day Service
FedEx / Parcelforce
*Excludes Islands and some Scottish postcodes where surcharges apply, click here for exclusions. Free delivery is not valid on any telephone order.
PLEASE NOTE: Orders placed before 3.00pm weekdays will be dispatched on the same day subject to stock and points below. Orders placed after 3.00pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on the following Monday.
If you wish to make any additions or alternations to your intial order you will need to let us know before 12.00 noon.
We are closed over Bank Holidays.
For full details please visit to our Deliveries page.
International Delivery – Cut-off 12 Noon Monday-Friday
RoughTrax offers fast, reliable, and affordable service as standard, we make sending your international order easy with an online tracking system sent straight to your email once despatched.
To confirm a delivery price simply add products to your basket, select your country and enter your postcode in the delivery field. The website will automatically calculate your delivery price. Goods can be sent worldwide.
All International orders are sent with FedEx, Parcelforce or DHL depending on the product/s & service you have selected.
For full details please visit our International Deliveries page.
Arrange Own Courier
If a delivery method is not available, an option of “Arrange My Own Courier” will display. This enables you to order through the website and arrange your own courier for your goods to be collected directly from RoughTrax in Bristol, UK.
For full details please visit to our Arrange My Own Courier page.
At RoughTrax we know that sometimes you will need to return items.
- All products must be re-sellable and returned along with the original packaging and documents. (Stock to order or Special order items are non-returnable).
- Goods must be returned within 28 days of purchase as per our Terms and Conditions
- Products must be returned to RoughTrax at RoughTrax Ltd, Units 4-7 Pixash Business Centre, Pixash Lane, Keynsham, Bristol. BS31 1TP United Kingdom
If Returned parts that qualified for Free Delivery.
If you return a product(s) that qualified you for Free Delivery and the remainder of your order does not exceed the £90 Free Delivery Promotion, then RoughTrax reserve the right to charge carriage for the remaining products purchased to cover the carriage cost.
Please visit our Returns page to download a returns form and for further information.
Questions & Answers for Owens Heavy Duty Front Leaf Spring UK Manufactured
What about "U" bolts?
"U" bolt Torque - 90 ft/lb or 123 nm, always torque evenly and of equal length.
It's widely known in the trade that cracked springs in the "U" bolt area is down to insufficient torque so always ensure this is done correctly and re-checked after some usage.
Cracking of a spring in the "U" bolt area is not covered by warranty, it's widely publicised throughout spring manufacturers that this is proven to be incorrect "U" bolts torque.
Does the spring material really make a difference?
Without question, yes, as a cheap spring steel manufacturer will more than likely have increased the thickness of the individual leaves to compensate for poor materials. The idea being to try to stop it either cracking or fading early when continually in use, this in turn results in a hard riding spring and indeed one that does end up cracking after prolonged use as they not so supple in the ride leaves.
- In Stock
- Out Of StockStreetwize 6 Pack Microfibre Cloths 30x40cm£3.90 £3.25
- In StockLarge Black Powder Free Nitrile Disposable Gloves - Box of 100£10.20 £8.50Black Powder free -Exam gloves Code: WC005