Part Number: SUHW006
A Pair of Standard Height uprated rear coil springs manufactured by Pedders of Australia for the Hilux Surf 130 series & 4Runner between 1989-1995.
These new coils offer those customers that don't wish to lift the truck but want something a little firmer than standard. With an increase in wire diameter up to 17mm, these rear coils have a spring rate of 220 lb/In.
About the coils:
- The coils are sold as a pair
- Pedders rear coils are not handed and have been redesigned for these specific models.
- You may notice a difference in overall length when you remove your old coils, however, with the increase in wire diameter, materials and design, once fitted the coil does not compress as much as the original Toyota rear coil and so in turn provides more stability to the rear end without jacking the truck up to high.
- Pedders Cois meet QS9001 standards
- Every coil is shot peened to relieve stress in the material and increasing the lifespan and durability
- Pedders also carry out "Scragging" a process of over compressing each coil with effectively pre-sets the spring determining it's ride height
- Each and every coil is Load tested rather than batch tested.
- Finally, the coils are powder coated in Pedders unique red for a durable protective finish.
Brand / Manufacturer: Pedders
MPN (Manufacturer Part Number): 7780
OE Equivalent Part Number: 48231-35020
Date Codes: 1989-1995
Fitting Position: Rear Suspension
Unit of Sale: Pair of Rear Coils
Free Length - 355mm
Wire Ø - 17mm
Number of coils - 7.25
Spring rate - 220lb/In
Toyota Hilux Surf 1st/2nd Gen LN130 2.4cc (2LT) Turbo Diesel RHD/LHD (F - L reg, 1989-1993) Japanese & EU
Toyota Hilux Surf 2nd Gen KZN130 3.0cc (1KZTE) TD (L - N reg, 1993-1995) Japanese
Toyota Hilux Surf 2nd Gen VZN130 3.0cc (3VZE) V6 Petrol RHD (H - N reg, 1990-1995) Japanese
Toyota Hilux Surf 4Runner 2nd Gen KZN130 3.0cc (1KZT) TD (L - N reg, 1993-1995) UK
Q. What makes Pedders Coils a great option?
A. Pedders produces its coil springs to the highest possible standards following QS9001 requirements.Pedders offer the highest possible quality coil springs due mainly to the following quality manufacturing elements;
- Shot Peening - This, using a full hardened steel shot, is the process used to relieve stresses on the wire that are wound into the spring during coiling. Shot peening provides extra life to the spring which improves performance, durability, and longevity.
- Scragging - Scragging is the process of compressing the spring beyond its normal working limit which effectively pre-sets the spring and determines its finished height. Pedders scrag to 100% or 'coil bound' to improve the long-term durability and performance of the spring.
- Load Testing - To ensure the most accurate finished product for the desired application, Pedders Suspension load tests 100% of its coil springs to the vehicle's installed height specification. This system involves loading a spring with a pre-determined, application specific load and specifying the height that the spring must come to. This is a far more accurate and complex system than simply a measure of 'free' or 'unloaded' height. Pedders define a height tolerance of +/- 2mm for its range of Sports Ryder Springs and +/- 5mm for its range of Touring Springs. This height tolerance for Pedders Touring Springs is consistent with that of original equipment springs. Pedders also load test 100% of its springs rather than simply batch testing.
Part Number: SUHW013£9.95 ex VAT
Part Number: SUTB001£169.00 ex VAT
Part Number: LK008£385.00 ex VAT
Part Number: LK007£439.00 ex VAT