Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Owens Rear Leaf Springs Kit - KUN25 & KUN26
Choose your vehicle to ensure compatibility
Add to Wishlist
Order by 15:30 mon-fri for same day dispatch.
28 Day returns or exchange.
1 Year Parts Warranty
Owen Springs, UK Manufactured Rear Leaf spring suspension kit for the 2005-2016 KUN25 & KUN26 Hilux 4x4 Pickup Double Cab or Single Cab models.
- Kit comes complete with all hardware listed to bolt the leaf springs onto the vehicle.
- The springs have been designed to the original specifications of the later strongest spring that was fitted to the Mk6/7 2005-2016 Hilux 4x4 pickup.
- Springs have been made to ride the same but carry the max. permissible loading set for the vehicle.
- Hardware contains all greaseable pine and shackles extending life of the components.
The Owens UK Manufactured springs:
Consist of 3+2, 5 leaves to form the spring pack mounted with front a metalastic bush at the front. The first leaf is 9mm, and the next two 8mm Leaves make up the ride springs under normal road use, then when loaded compress onto the 2x 14mm thick load springs enabling these springs to carry a constant load. In early models these lower springs were thinner, Toyota then increased the thickness to 14mm which is what makes these Owens springs equivalent to those later springs.
You will also notice that Owens springs, as does Toyota, manufacture their springs with intermediate spring end wear pads between each leaf, this prevents the individual leaves from wearing against each other over prolonged use, something that cheaper springs simply don't do.
To mount the springs we supply a pair or greaseable Karsons rear shackles, greaseable eyelet bolts, four Karsons "U" bolts and as et of Nolathane performance bushes for the rear shackles, you now have yourself what we believe to be the best quality spring steel springs and mounting components on the market.
So this kit is based entirely on quality branded components that last and used World Wide.
- 2x Heavy Duty 5 leaf rear leaf springs with wear pads between each leaf, manufactured by Owens in the UK and mounted with a front Metalastic bush.
- 1x Nolathane 8 piece performance Black Polyurethane rear shackle bush kit.
- 2x Karsons rear greaseable spring shackles,
- 2x Karsons spring pin greaseable retaining bolts (fit at front of spring to chassis).
- 4x Karsons "U" bolts (x2 pairs) Torque 90ft/lb - 123nm
Whilst improving the vehicle's looks and handling, RoughTrax suspension kits help to prevent body roll in bends. Ideal for towing, off road & on road. Manufactured in the UK. Nothing else is required to fit, simply bolt on & enjoy!
- The springs are painted in a "Transport" paint, as with all suspension components supplied, paint is not covered under warranty due to the very nature and position of the component.
The most comprehensive leaf spring kit on the market!
The company is totally committed to quality and this is evident by its accreditation for the manufacture, repair, and supply of all spring types by to BS EN ISO certification, which has been held since 1991, what's more, they also hold the ISO9001 certification.
Manufacturing springs for well over 30 years their experience is second to none, in fact one of their highlights was being the chosen manufacturer to replace one of the broken leaf springs prior to the Flying Scotsman’s inaugural trip and are currently repairing and replacing the spare springs while the famous engine carries out its tour of the country
Tighten all spring retaining bolts and shackles when the vehicle is at normal ride height, this is done once the vehicle is assembly, lowered back to the ground with the weight back on the suspension and bounced a few times, this allows the bushes to settle in and vital for correct final assembly.
Rear Ride Heights:
The average measurements below, given by customers after fitting, are always taken from the base of the wheel rim vertically up to the wheel arch:
(This way the tyre condition or pressure does not affect the measurements)
These measurements should help provide you with an approx. idea of where the vehicle will sit but are only as a general guidance and can vary vehicle to vehicle:
798mm with 16" wheel Rims
810mm with 17" wheel Rims
|MPN (Manufacturer Part Number)||LEAF004, SUHW007, SUHW005, SUHW010, BUSHKIT(Rear SPB053)|
|Warranty Options||1 Year Parts Warranty|
|Fitting Position||Rear Suspension|
|Unit of Sale||1 kit fits both sides|
Below are a list of compatible vehicle for this product.
- Toyota Hilux Pickup KUN25R 2.5cc (2KDFTV) Turbo Diesel (D4D) RHD (55 - 61 reg, 7/2005-8/2011) Mk6
- Toyota Hilux Pickup KUN26R 3.0cc (1KDFTV) Turbo Diesel (D4D) RHD (56 - 61 reg, 10/2006-8/2011) Mk6
- Toyota Hilux Pickup KUN25R 2.5cc (2KDFTV) Turbo Diesel (D4D) RHD (61 - 66 reg, 7/2011-2016) Mk7
- Toyota Hilux Pickup KUN26R 3.0cc (1KDFTV) Turbo Diesel (D4D) RHD (61 - 66 reg, 7/2011-2016) Mk7
Delivery Information - Cut-off Time 3.00pm Monday-Friday
RoughTrax provide a number of different delivery methods.
2-5 Working Days
FedEx / Parcelforce / Royal Mail
FREE OVER £90*
2-5 Working Days
Next Day Service
FedEx / Parcelforce
*Excludes Islands and some Scottish postcodes where surcharges apply, click here for exclusions. Free delivery is not valid on any telephone order.
PLEASE NOTE: Orders placed before 3.00pm weekdays will be dispatched on the same day subject to stock and points below. Orders placed after 3.00pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on the following Monday.
If you wish to make any additions or alternations to your intial order you will need to let us know before 12.00 noon.
We are closed over Bank Holidays.
For full details please visit to our Deliveries page.
International Delivery – Cut-off 12 Noon Monday-Friday
RoughTrax offers fast, reliable, and affordable service as standard, we make sending your international order easy with an online tracking system sent straight to your email once despatched.
To confirm a delivery price simply add products to your basket, select your country and enter your postcode in the delivery field. The website will automatically calculate your delivery price. Goods can be sent worldwide.
All International orders are sent with FedEx, Parcelforce or DHL depending on the product/s & service you have selected.
For full details please visit our International Deliveries page.
Arrange Own Courier
If a delivery method is not available, an option of “Arrange My Own Courier” will display. This enables you to order through the website and arrange your own courier for your goods to be collected directly from RoughTrax in Bristol, UK.
For full details please visit to our Arrange My Own Courier page.
At RoughTrax we know that sometimes you will need to return items.
- All products must be re-sellable and returned along with the original packaging and documents. (Stock to order or Special order items are non-returnable).
- Goods must be returned within 28 days of purchase as per our Terms and Conditions
- Products must be returned to RoughTrax at RoughTrax Ltd, Units 4-7 Pixash Business Centre, Pixash Lane, Keynsham, Bristol. BS31 1TP United Kingdom
If Returned parts that qualified for Free Delivery.
If you return a product(s) that qualified you for Free Delivery and the remainder of your order does not exceed the £90 Free Delivery Promotion, then RoughTrax reserve the right to charge carriage for the remaining products purchased to cover the carriage cost.
Please visit our Returns page to download a returns form and for further information.
Questions & Answers for Owens Rear Leaf Springs Kit - KUN25 & KUN26
What about "U" bolts?
"U" bolt Torque - 90 ft/lb or 123 nm, always torque evenly and of equal length.
It's widely known in the trade that cracked springs in the "U" bolt area is down to insufficient torque so always ensure this is done correctly and re-checked after some usage.
Cracking of a spring in the "U" bolt area is not covered by warranty, it's widely publicised throughout spring manufacturers that this is proven to be incorrect "U" bolts torque.
Does the spring material really make a difference?
Without question yes, because a cheap spring steel manufacturer will more than likely have increased the thickness of the individual leaves to compensate for poor materials, the idea being to try to stop it either cracking or fading early when continually in use, this in turn, results in a hard riding spring and indeed one that does end up cracking after prolonged use as they not so supple in the ride leaves.
- In Stock
- In StockLarge Black Powder Free Nitrile Disposable Gloves - Box of 100£10.20 £8.50Black Powder free -Exam gloves Code: WC005